The TELCON 500 MK2 is a GSM remote control switch and access control unit that allows you to open your automatic gates, garage door or activate your electric door release by simply making a phone call to its mobile telephone number.
The Telcon 500 connects to the mobile phone network and like a mobile phone it has its own telephone number. The TELCON 500 is activated by calling its phone number, it will recognise an authorised telephone number calling it, reject the call without answering and activate the gate control panel, garage door opener or electric door release, because it rejects the call without answering there are no call costs incurred.
Up to 500 telephone numbers can be stored in the unit’s memory. Whenever a call is made to the TELCON 500, it compares the phone number of the incoming call with the numbers stored in its memory. If a match is found, it recognises that the caller is authorised and the unit will activate.
The TELCON 500 can be configured by SMS text messages and by using a computer with the software and interface cable provided.
The ability to add administrator and authorised telephone numbers by SMS text message straight out of the box.
Automatic sending of an SMS text message ‘GSM OK’ once a week to the administrators telephone numbers, this prevents the SIM being disconnected by the network provider because of ‘lack of use’.
Please see the product videos and connection details below.
Please note this unit is not suitable for on / off switching of heating systems etc. Please refer to the GSM-AUTO
Applications include authorised access control of automatic gates, barriers garage doors, car parking systems, remotely re-setting, reboot and power cycle servers and routers.
You will need a regulated 12 volt DC power supply able to supply a minimum current of 500mA.
An active GSM mobile phone SIM card with sufficient credit to send confirmation text messages.
If your computer does not have an RS232 connection and you wish to program the TELCON 500 using a computer you will need a RS232 to USB adaptor. The TELCON 500 can be programmed by SMS text messages so a computer connection is not essential.
- Automatic sending of an SMS text message 'GSM OK' once a week to the administrators telephone number to prevent the SIM card being disconnected by the network provider because of 'lack of use'.
- Program several authorised telephone numbers with one simple text message.
- Can be used with any GSM network operator.
- Fast programming of up to 500 telephone numbers using a computer, save and load configuration to hard disk, allows easy back up, restore and copying of installations, requires widows XP, Vista or windows 7.
- High sensitivity GSM engine ensures the TELCON 500 will work even in low signal strength areas.
- Onboard signal strength, relay state and power indicators.
- DIN rail mounting or free standing with screw terminal connections.
- Supplied witth CD (includes the user manual and software.), RS232 configuration cable for connecting the TELCON 500 to a computer, pre-wired mag mount GSM antenna and printed quick start guide.
- High quality product made in the EU, 2 year guarantee.